The need for flexible, compatible, and user-friendly software in behavioral crisis care services has never been more apparent. A system that can support integration allows organizations to automate processes, reduce workloads, and improve patient-care communication. In this blog post, we have highlighted some of the top trends in behavioral crisis care software that CTOs, CIOs, and behavioral health professionals should pay attention to.
1. Electronic Health Record (EHR) Integration: Electronic Health Records (EHRs) help medical professionals keep track of a person’s health records and treatment plans. Integrating it with behavioral crisis care software will improve care coordination between different care providers, improve patient outcomes and increase workflow efficiency to achieve better patient outcomes. BHL has developed a crisis care software program called the BHL Platform, which can easily integrate into any EHR with customizations to make your workflow scalable.
2. Behavioral Crisis Care Software Customizations: Healthcare systems face different challenges, and their operations are unique. Therefore, healthcare organizations need behavioral crisis care software that can be customizable to meet their specific operational and care needs. Today, most software vendors offer customized software solutions, which is a trend that is steadily increasing. The BHL Platform can be incorporated out of the box or can be customized to integrate with supporting systems for ease of use.
3. Telehealth Integration: With its ability to provide remote patient care, telehealth has transformed the way healthcare is delivered, and behavioral health is no exception. Telehealth integration with crisis care software allows patients to access their therapy sessions remotely, improving patient accessibility and reducing no-shows.
4. Artificial Intelligence (AI) Integration: Artificial Intelligence (AI) has introduced significant transformation in healthcare, and behavioral health services have hopped on the bandwagon. AI integration helps automate mundane tasks, enhance staff training and quality assurance reviews, and coach performance in real-time. AI can also improve care coordination across services via chatbots, which can offer 24/7 triage and care connections for clients in need. While this only touches the surface, AI is evolving quickly with new innovations constantly being introduced.
5. Mobile App Integration: Mobile apps are popular and have become the norm in technology. Behavioral health mobile apps that integrate with the software allow healthcare professionals to sync patient progress which gives the patient freedom to access their treatment plans and communicate with their therapists. Mobile app integration with behavioral health software can improve a person’s experience, improve engagement, and help healthcare providers achieve better behavioral health outcomes.
Technology has revolutionized how healthcare is delivered, and behavioral health is no exception. As the BHL Platform continues to evolve, our tools are constantly improving to enhance the healthcare experience. Be sure to follow along to stay up-to-date on new innovations that will reduce workloads, improve individual experiences, and achieve better care outcomes.